The Midtown Express is an interim project that will increase the capacity and reconstruct portions of State Highway (SH) 183, SH 114 and Loop 12.
SouthGate Constructors is responsible for the $847 million Midtown Express project. Construction began in April 2015 and is scheduled to reach substantial completion in 2018.
The ultimate project for these roadways is not currently funded.
- SH 183 from SH 121 to I-35E: 14.8 miles.
- SH 114 from SH 183 to International Parkway: 10.5 miles.
- Loop 12 from SH 183 to I-35E: 2.5 miles.
- Reconstruct portions of frontage roads.
- Reconstruct portions of general purpose lanes.
- Construct one TEXpress (toll managed) lane in each direction.*
*Construct one TEXpress lane westbound on SH 114 from SH 161 to International Parkway.
- Midtown Express construction start: April 2015
- Midtown Express substantial completion (anticipated): 2018
- Approximately 28 miles of roadway that spans 5 Cities and 2 counties.
- 44 rehabilitated bridges
- 28 new bridges
- 4 direct connectors
- 1 Wishbone Structure